Some people think for a meal to be really great it has to have a complex recipe with lots of ingredients and multiple levels of cooking techniques. I am thinking that's B.S. What you need are good ingredients and patience for the process of cooking or putting it together.
"So Bear, do you have examples of good meals that were simple to put together?" you ask. But of course, dear reader, so glad you asked! And I have the pictures to prove it!
- Chop the first tomatoes of the season (from our CSA)
- Skin, seed, and chop cucumbers (from our CSA)
- Grate a good tasting Parmesan cheese.
- Chop fresh basil (from the yard).
- Combine everything in a big bowl.
- Add 2 tblsp olive oil and 1 tblsp balsamic vinegar over everything, and mix.
- Shuck corn, slice zucchini, season steaks.
- Grill veggies until browned the way you like them (no oil needed).
- Move coals so the veggies stay warm without burning, grill the steaks, and you are good to go...
Type at ya later...