This blog is about positive reinforcement working with the Buy Nothing Challenge (BNC).
Theresa is a genius when it comes to motivating me to do positive stuff. I"m calling it the TICK AGENDA.
The idea is to recognize all the work we do on a daily basis and get a small reward for that work. She made a list of chores we do each day (I have added to this list) and when done we get a tick on the sheet. Each tick is worth 10 cents. Like I said a SMALL reward. That money can go to whatever we want. It is a positive cash flow for the BNC. We do the work most days so we deserve a little compensation. It is also meant to be fun, kinda a let's see what I can do type of thing. Here are a few ways to earn TICKS:
- start fire 1 tick, maintain fire 1 tick a night
- clean litter boxes 1 tick per box
- garbage out and replace bag 1 tick
- make bed 1 tick
- feed cats 1 tick
- pickup and clean cat bowls 1 tick
- fill cat water bowl 1 tick
- load of laundry 1 tick, put laundry away another tick
- get mail 1 tick, organize mail another tick
- Dishes 1 tick , dishes away another tick. (Here is where she gets tricky. She wants me to do my dishes every night, I tend to wait 3 or 4 days and do them in a large group. Doing it my way I get 20 to 40 cents, doing it her way I get 70 cents to $1.40. Like I said she"s a sneaky genius...)
- driving when we go out 1 tick there 1 tick back.
- setting up appointments 1 tick
- cooking dinner 1 tick
- cleaning can get you several ticks
- etc... what do you do that you would like a little recognition for?
- I get a tick for blogging and promoting our website (easy money ). Theresa just informed me she gets a tick for editing, with my English skills, I feel that is a fair tick.
Hope this gives ya something to think about.
Type at ya later...